Sometime around August 2011, things started falling in place. We zeroed in on a quarter, and then a month, and then a week and finally a date. About two weeks ago, we finally bought our tickets.
We are heading to Colombia on December 4th from Los Angeles. As we cross things off our checklist, reality is sinking in slowly but surely.
In the past 2 weeks, we’ve made the following rather drastic moves:
- Informed our respective workplaces of our intention to quit
- Notified our landlord
- Bought our air tickets to Bogota, Colombia. (buying a one way ticket would make it more dramatic, but consulates wont like it, so we got a return ticket)
- Started consolidating our finances to a more travel-friendly account
- Obtained credit cards that dont charge a foreign transaction fee
- And going crazy with visa runs